How to Fix Quickbooks Support Update Error 15106 in 4 Easy Ways? (A Quick Guide)
QuickBooks is a management software that was designed by Intuit in 2012 to make the work of management and accounting easy for small-scale and medium-scale enterprises and other management firms. It plays a major role in keeping tabs on the daily tasks and inventory stocks, making tax reports and bills, and other accounting activities.
But it still has many errors and bugs that are encountered by many QBs users all over the world. They face install errors, update errors, network errors, etc. In this article, we will talk about one such issue – QuickBooks Error 15106. We will include all its aspects from its causes of existence to the solutions of resolving it and making your system error-free. Let us start with the topic now.
What is Quickbooks Payroll Update Error 15106?
QuickBooks Error 15106 exists in the QuickBooks software and it does not grant permission to update QuickBooks to its latest release. An error message will come up stating: ‘The update program cannot be opened’. This error will block the updates and it will show that the updated application is either corrupted or damaged.
Quickbooks Error 15106: Reasons of Existence
The reasons have been given below to help you with the problem of Quickbooks update support error 15106.
Updates blocked by the installed antivirus application in your system.
Administrator login failure as the admin mode can’t read and write the update process.
Spy sweeper application present in the webroot antivirus software can cause QuickBooks Error 15106.
After getting to know the causes for the occurrence of QBs Error 15106, we will help you with fixing the errors.
Fix QuickBooks Error 15106: Methods and Solutions
Four easy solutions have been provided below, and you just need to follow each and every step carefully.
Method 1: Administrator Login
- Open QuickBooks by clicking on the desktop icon.
- Go to the option of Run as Administrator and fill in the sign-in details of the administrator.
- With these two steps, you can read and write the changes in the files. Then, you will not encounter this QuickBooks Error 15106 anymore.
Method 2: Turn Off User Account Control
- Use the Windows + R key and open the Run window.
- Within the Run window, write Control Panel and hit Enter.
- Choose the option User accounts with Classic View.
- Tap on Change user account Control Settings and press the Yes button to move forward.
Tap OK for turning off UAC.
- At last, reboot your system and tap on Apply to save the changes
Method 3: QuickBooks Installation in Selective Start-Up Mode
- You can always clean install QuickBooks in selective start-up mode to resolve any kind of existing errors. For the procedure, read below.
- You must always create a backup of the company file.
- Now, you must create the QBs products and the QuickBooks license info copy.
- Start the system in Selective Start-Up Mode and exit all the running QuickBooks-related programs.
- You should first remove then reinstall QuickBooks.
- The final step is to switch again to the normal start-up mode.
Method 4: Halting the Spy Sweeper Anti-Virus and rename the QuickBooks Files
- This method can only be applied by QBs users with the Spy Sweeper Antivirus on their PC. Follow the procedure below to stop the Spy Sweeper Anti-Virus and how to rename the QBs files.
- The first step is to use the CTRL+Shift+Esc Key for opening the Task Manager.
- Now, you are required to reach out to the Processes tab and look out for [Antivirus name].exe file i.e. spy sweeper.exe, you will also see that it will recommend you to uninstall if the error exists.
- With the file Spy Sweeper in the Processes tab, you are required to remove it by navigating to the option Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.
- In case you cannot find the file Spy Sweeper, then you can also go to Drive C and then to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\Components.
- At last, you will have to rename to download. Old from download <nn> and reset.
ALSO READ: QuickBooks error 12301
QuickBooks Error 15106 exists in the QuickBooks software, and it does not grant permission to update QuickBooks to its latest release. An error message will come up stating: ‘The update program cannot be opened’. In this post, we have covered every concept associated with QuickBooks Error 15106 such as factors behind its occurrence and the solutions to troubleshoot any type of payroll update errors.
We are quite optimistic that we are successful in our attempt to assist you in solving your problems with our valuable content. For any further help, you can reach out to an IT expert with experience in the related field.