How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 12031? (A Complete Guide)
QuickBooks Error 12031 can come up when you update the QBs software to its upgraded version and payroll services update. QuickBooks, an Intuit-developed software, is mostly used by management start-ups, and firms for doing activities like tracking of data related to employees, clients, consumers, and management of inventory stocks, etc. It has a user-friendly interface that assists you to work with its advanced features easily.
But still, there are many not satisfied with its operations as many issues, errors, technical problems, etc. exist in QuickBooks. Today, we will talk about QuickBooks Error 12031. Let us not waste any more time and start our post.
What is Quickbooks Error Code 12031?
QuickBooks Error 12031 is a 12000 series error that can come up when you update the QBs software to its upgraded version and payroll services update. Also, when you try refreshing QBs payroll services, upgrade and when there is a hindrance in granting access to the server due to timeout network issues, this error can be seen. Even, incomplete configuration settings alter the security system and firewall settings.
Reasons for Error 12031 Quickbooks Update
There are many reasons for the QuickBooks error 12031 coming in QuickBooks. Read below.
- Weak internet and unstable network setup.
- The default browser is not Internet Explorer.
- Invalid SSL configuration and setup.
- Blocking by Firewall and Antivirus applications.
- Network timeout error.
Solutions To Fix Error 12031 Quickbooks
1: Using QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
- Firstly, download the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool in the system.
- Once downloaded, then install this diagnostic tool by going with the on-screen commands.
- Accept the license and terms and conditions, and tap on Finish for completing installation.
- Now, run this tool and reach out to the tab Test Connectivity.
- In the tab Test Connectivity, go to Browse and select your company file.
- You have to tap on the specified company file with the issue.
Select the tab Test Connectivity.
In a few seconds, the repairing process will be finished and the error will be resolved.
2: Stable Internet Connection Setup
- Firstly, open QuickBooks, and in the left pane, go for the Help menu.
- In the Help menu, select Internet Connection Setup.
- After that, the option “Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet” must be chosen.
- Tap on Next and then on Done to finish the setup.
3: Network Data File Rename
- Search for the folder of the QuickBooks company file.
- Now, find the file name that ends with the extension .nd (Network Data File).
- After this, right-click on the Network Data file and click on Rename.
- Insert old at the end of the file name and name it like shaltaxreport.qbw.nd.old.
4: Check the Firewall Configuration
- In the Start menu, type Firewall in the Search Box and tap Enter.
Now, select the option Windows Firewall.
- In the Firewall window, go for the option Allow a Program or Feature.
- Select Change Settings and a new window will be seen on the screen.
- Checkmark the boxes to grant QBs access to Firewall.
5: QuickBooks Software Update
- Click on the icon of QuickBooks and run QuickBooks.
- Under the Help menu, you will find the Update Quickbooks tab and choose it.
- Now, choose the latest released version available in your system.
- After the process of installation is finished, you must reboot the system and verify if the QuickBooks error 12031 still prevails.
6: SSL AND TLS Configuration Setup
- Firstly, you are required to open Internet Explorer.
- After this, select the option Internet.
- Tap on the Advanced tab available in the upper pane.
- Now, you can modify the settings of TLS and SSL setup. Lastly, click on OK for applying the done changes in settings.
7: Windows Update
- In the Start menu, type Windows Update in the Search Box and tap Enter.
- You are required to select the option Check for Updates.
- All the latest Windows upgrades will be now listed in the system.
- Click on the option Download and Install, and the Windows process will start.
In some time, Windows will be updated, and lastly, reboot the system.
ALSO READ: QuickBooks error 15215
QuickBooks Error 12031 is a 12000 series error that can come up when you update the QBs software to its upgraded version and payroll services update. Also, when you try refreshing QBs payroll services, upgrade and when there is a hindrance in granting access to the server due to timeout network issues, this error can be seen. In this post, we have provided the concepts related to QuickBooks Error 12031 – Reasons for Occurrence, 7 solutions to resolve the error easily, etc. Hoping you are satisfied with the post, you can reach out for other QuickBooks related posts on our official website.