QuickBooks Error 15215 Server Not Responding: How to Fix? (A Quick Guide For All)
Quickbooks Error #15215 is a type of QBs error that you can experience while downloading the payroll services and updates. It happens when the Quickbooks software is tangled with some other software that is also present in the background window. There could also be some other reasons that may help this error to prevail in the system. We will read all of the reasons that can cause the QuickBooks maintenance release error 15215.
Anyways, this error can be really irritating. So, to not ruin your day with such kind of issue we are here to be your personal assistant via this article helping you with all the significant aspects related to error 15215 QuickBooks. Let us begin now.
What is Quickbooks error 15215 servers not responding?
This error generally happens when you try downloading a payroll update in the Quickbooks software. It can also occur when some other application interferes with the working of the Quickbooks operations. There can be many other causes of the occurrence of this error
Causes of Occurrence of the Error 15215 QuickBooks
The list below will help you in knowing the causes of this error.
- In case of improper and unclean installation of the Quickbooks software.
- Your system could be under a malware attack or other threats.
- The operations in QuickBooks are blocked by third-party applications.
- QuickBooks-related files are corrupted, damaged, or broken.
How to Resolve Quickbooks Error #15215?
You can resolve this error on your own by using these easy methods provided below by us. It is always advised to create a backup of your file data to prevent any kind of data loss.
There is a huge chance that some third-party related applications are blocking the operations in the Quickbooks software. So, you can simply provide Quickbooks the Administration permissions to solve it. This will resolve this issue to quite a large extent. Read below to know the procedure.
- Firstly, you need to make sure that the Quickbooks software has been exited correctly. There should not be any QuickBooks-related application open in the system.
- Now, do a right-click on the icon of the Quickbooks application.
- You need to choose the option Run Quickbooks as an administrator.
- In case you get a warning prompt, tap on Yes.
Method 2: Simple Reboot
As the title says, you just have to do a reboot of your PC. To do this, use the Alt+F4 keys on the keyboard altogether. After this, you need to choose the option Restart. Tap on OK. Your computer system will restart by itself. You are just required to wait until the process is done. You now have to verify whether the QuickBooks update error 15215 server not responding still prevails or not. Using this method, we are forcing the Quickbooks software to reboot its entire services again. This will surely help you in resolving this error. In case the error still occurs, just go on to the next method.
Method 3: Check TLS 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2
To do this procedure, follow the steps below.
- Firstly, close down the Quickbooks application.
- Now, access Internet explorer.
- Select the option Tools and then go to the Internet options.
- Simply go to the tab Advanced.
Look out for the TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2.
- You now need to assure that TLS 1.0 has been marked.
Also, assure that TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 are not marked.
- Lastly, tap on OK.
- After all these steps, reboot your computer system and check if the error is still there or not.
Method 4: Using Windows in Selective Startup mode
- Firstly, use the Ctrl + R keys to access the run window.
- In the run window, write in misconfig and tap the Enter key.
- A system configuration tab will be launched. Go to the option Selective Startup and then unmark the load startup items checkbox.
- Tap on OK and restart your PC.
- Now, you are required to do the process again and this time instead of choosing the selective startup mode,
- you are required to go for the Normal Startup mode.
- Tap on OK and restart your PC again.
ALSO READ: QuickBooks error 15227
QuickBooks error #15215 occurs when you try downloading a payroll update in the Quickbooks software. It can also occur when some other application interferes with the working of the Quickbooks operations. We have tried our best of efforts to provide you with an effective guide for resolving this QBs update error 15215 and hope that this error has been fixed easily by you. If you are still stuck, reach out to the customer service team of QuickBooks via e-mails, chat, and calling services available 24×7 worldwide.